I know, it’s the season where everyone is getting engaged and married, so now you’re down in the dumps because you’re still single. Girl please.. say goodbye to the misery because what you need more than a husband are these FIVE things:
1. Girlfriends. You need a solid group of friends that you can laugh with, you can cry with, you can pray with and you can travel with. When you’re busy making memories, the fact that you aren’t married will become less of a focus for you.
2. Purpose. What are you passionate about? Make that your focus. Don’t know what you’re passionate about? Try some new things- a bunch of new things, until you discover something that you’re crazy about. Purpose is what gives your life meaning, not marriage.
3. Self-Worth. Listen to me, if you don’t have self-worth, you’ll be single for the rest of your life….. well maybe that was a stretch, you may not be single, but you’ll definitely be miserable. When you know your self-worth, you teach other people how to value you and how to treat you. When you lack self-worth, you basically are giving others permission to minimize your value. Sis, God said in Proverbs 3:15, that you’re more precious than rubies. Does that sound like a woman who lacks self-worth?
4. A relationship with Christ. Need I say more? Well if I must, I’ll say this- God should be at the center of all we do. He is our foundation. You can choose to build on a solid foundation- God – or you can choose to build on a shaky foundation. It’s up to you. But I’m choosing the solid foundation for ever, Alex!
5. Self-Love. What do you look like trying to have someone else fill up your love tank when you can’t even do it for yourself? That’s so 2008. The late, great Whitney Houston said it best, “Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all….” When you love yourself, you’ll never have to worry another day about feeling unloved and anybody that comes into your life, ready to love you, is just the toppings on top of an already good sundae.
Need more tips like this, find me on Instagram using the hashtag #AskKay